Benefits of Hot Yoga
The benefits of hot yoga are endless. Yoga works on many different levels, both physical and psychological; and the deeper, lasting benefits are more noticeable over time and a regular practice. But even just one hot yoga session will leave you feeling relaxed, energized, and renewed; and will fill you with a wonderful sense of accomplishment.
- Tones muscle/improves core strength
- Weight loss
- Appetite control
- Curbs anxiety/depression
- Improves posture
- Aids in proper digestion
- Decreases headaches
Hot Yoga Tips
- HYDRATE: Drink plenty of water prior to class. At least 1 – 2L throughout the day is best.
- EAT: Eat one to two hours before class. Do not eat any heavy food an hour before class. Gum chewing is not for yoga.
- RESPECT: We want you to have fun & bring/make/see friends in class. Once you are in the yoga room, however, please be silent. Enjoy this time to clear your mind and get the maximal benefit from your practice. Tell your teacher beforehand if you have to leave early, and do so PRIOR to the final relaxation (= Shivasana). No cellphones in class, please; we offer lockers and “cubbies” for your shoes and belongings.
- SMELL: Yoga is pure and hot yoga is a form of purification. Out of respect to those with allergies/sensitivities, please don’t wear perfumed/scented products to class. Also, scents can increase & turn sour in the heat as well as make you nauseas or prone to slip on the mat. We offer shower facilities and towels to shower before and/or after class.
- CAUTION: If you ever feel nauseous, dizzy, or tired during class, this is common! Simply lie down or move into “child’s pose” on your mat and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the heat.
- Relax, breathe deeply, and most of all, have a great class!